playing with my #pinephone on my days off. Starting to make it a little more usable. I made a Georgian keyboard layout. Sadly, the keyboard app, squeekboard, doesn't have Ctrl or Alt keys. I modified my tmux to use F9 instead of Ctrl+B to work around that for now.
“I don’t take responsibility at all” posters up in NYC. @realDonaldTrump@twitter.com #COVIDー19
Are you in #quarantine ? SDF may be the place for you!
* Teach or Join a class to learn the UNIX shell, network utilities & programming languages
* Listen or become a DJ and steam https://aNONradio.net
* Create or stream video content from https://toobnix.org
* Join the PLAN9 boot camp & learn PLAN9 from Bell Labs
* Join our Minecraft Server https://mc.sdf.org
* Boot and run your own VM instance of Solaris, OpenBSD, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, CentOS, Debian, Plan9 or NetBSD with a dedicated IP
Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics.
Chromium grows by over 10,000 lines of code per day.
How often do you think security vulnerabilities are introduced at that pace?
How do we write secure software? Is it by writing giant applications with endlessly growing scope? Here's another idea: set a finish line and fucking stop when you get there. And don't make software which does everything in the first place.
"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko