Yes, @adamd I still look in on Mastodon, although not typically on a daily basis these days. I should set up a connection under BitlBee so I can follow Mastodon in my WeeChat.
- find sanctuary from Web2.0
- bboard - Bulletin Board/forum
- Play DJ on OpenMic on anonradio.
- build a personal web page
- practice your UNIX skillz
- chat with people on irc
- get an sdf email address
- read your email in pine.
- use the lynx text browser for viewing web and gopher
- the "profiles" program
- update your finger info
- tunnel your traffic over ssh
- hang out and participate in a really cool community!
Tips to #help Mastodon newbies…
- There is an Atom/RSS feed of your public 🌎 and unlisted 🔓 toots! You can find it at <your profile URL>.atom. Using IFTTT, you can archive these toots in a text file on Dropbox. Especially helpful for searching your own toots.
- @crossposter lets you selectively crosspost/not crosspost based on words or symbols. For example, all my toots with 🐘 in them are for Mastodon only! I previously had it set so only toots with 🔁 were crossposted to Twitter.
#FreeBSD 12.1 released!
⚠️ Alert: Internet shut down across most of #Iraq as of 00:00 5 November with loss of life reported as protests intensify; national connectivity down to 19% of ordinary levels; incident ongoing #iraq_protests #KeepItOn 📉
Thanks to everyone who tuned into the Organized Chaos Halloween special. 👍 If you missed it or want to relive the madness you can check out the track list and the archive.
My nomination for the worst user interface ever: #gnupg
I don't know even where to start
Fediverse servers come with the textbook emojis.
An instance operator can add their own custom emoji, called emojos. A bsd.network op creates the flan for us.
People can pick both from a menu, or use short codes of colon-name-colon.
If you see emojos you like on another server, you can ask your instance admin to add them.
https://emojos.in/ shows all of an instance's emojo.
Sounds like the UK and US agreed on a WhatsApp backdoor:
The European Lisp Symposium for 2020 has been announced: April 27th - 28th, Zürich, Switzerland
Hope to see you there! #lisp
"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko