DTF or DTG : Direct-to-garment (DTG) has long been the most common method for t-shirt printing and small productions, but in recent months, Direct-to-film (DTF) has gained ground in the industry, with more supporters with each passing day. To grasp this paradigm shift, we must first grasp the differences between the two approaches.
Below from my prayer earlier in the year. (2022)
I fix things,
I repair and maintain things.
I help and support my family .
I create shelters which are useful, and build homes.
I care for my friends and the environment around me.
I encourages people to do good and be their best.
Lord that you would help me to be the person above who does good and fixes things.
I was most impressed by the Stokesauce Show today. If you're looking for space to fill then this show would be an excellent choice.
DIY Media Manifesto Musing
So there are three or four ideas that I'm trying to convey all at one time.
1) Watching independently produced media, especially media produced by folks with whom you're values aligned, is a revolutionary act. It keeps money and attention and power and mindshare out of the hands of the four or five corporations that control american media.
2) It then follows that producing the same is a revolutionary act.
3) Producing media and *sharing it* through something like CC-BY-SA encourages things like fan-fiction, redistribution, remixes, covers, etc. This increases the pool of non-corporate backed media available, makes it easier for people to start, and shows a direct commitment to my personal values, which it'll take me some time to fully articulate.
4) We view the world through the lens of our stories, and when those stories are owned by Disney or Fox, we view the world through a lens and from a perspective that benefits Disney and Fox. Copaganda. Defeatism. Etc.
5) We must make these things in an ethical fashion, we must consume them in an ethical fashion, we must distribute them in an ethical fashion. "Ethical" here means different things to different people, so I have to unpack that.
Nice bit of reporting from Swedish Radio. They built an online fake pharmacy and activated Facebook advertising tools. Thousands of simulated visits to the pharmacy were made each day, and the reporters could see all the sensitive, personal information being stored by Facebook.
Facebook sent no warnings to the pharmacy, despite saying they have tools in place to prevent this from happening.
A few weeks ago they revealed how this was happening with real pharmacies.
The Cream Dream
I took it out for a drive, runs very well for a 40 year old VAN. I can't figure out why the battery goes flat after a few days. We measured the Alternator is only generating about 12.4V at the battery.
It has an external regulator attached the side of the engine compartment, so not sure which has the problem. (the alternator or the regulator). It could even be the battery.
So far I am running at $2,000 for the van and fix up.
please join me
LIVE at 1400 UTC
To enjoy a 35 Hour Marathon
Together we'll CELEBRATE 35 YEARS OF SDF
visit https://anonradio.net for more details
I grew up in a walkable neighborhood in LA. As a kid I was free to play outside, socialize with the neighborhood kids, and even walk/bike (on the sidewalk since no bike lanes) on over to nearby shops on my own. It was very much beneficial to my upbringing to be independent. It's so sad to see how car-centric planning has robbed children of such a freedom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlpmxLTxpw
All in favour of stokesauce joining mastodon.SDF.org say Aye !!
@stug @mnw @gef @email@example.com @mcornick @ajroach42 @snowdusk @dctrud @robert588 @tanakian @hardmous @tallship @northernlights @tbn97 @peron @adamd @claudiom @publius @cosullivan @smj @goosey @SDF @firstname.lastname@example.org
We're celebrating Klaus Schulze (1947-2022) at 0200 UTC (7PM PDT) Vintage Comp-U-Talk TOPIC: Vintage Micros and Synthesizers followed by LIVE Synth Battle Royale XII at 0300 UTC (8PM PDT)
Join us on https://aNONradio.net
Roland or Roly: Family and friends are my main interests.
"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko