So my house was built in the '90s (northeast US). Today we found out that at every corner of each room there is something magnetic behind the walls. The magnetism is independent of height along the wall, and only in the corners. Anyone know about something metal being put along the studs or in the walls in turn-of-century homes?

· tootstream · 4 · 1 · 0

@paladin1 could be a bracket for joining the walls together. They might put them every few feet down the corners or anywhere where two peices if wood butt up inside the wall. Things like this:

Would brackets make sense if they run the entire height of the wall? We can get a magnet to stick at any height, so if it was brackets there would have to be no gaps between them.

@paladin1 If its sheet rock/drywall then maybe metal inside corner protectors. They come in metal or PVC.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Mastodon @ SDF

"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko