Hey! I'm trying to see something, so please boost this!
If you're bilingual (*fluent* in two languages and speak both on a regular basis), please answer this poll!! (it's multiple choice)
*in the third option, I mean the level of someone who only speaks one language at a native speaker's level
**in the fourth option, I mean you feel as if you can't hold up to standards of a native speaker's level and it makes you feel out of place, eg. in groups of native speakers, at work etc.
I've officially released my static HTML webpage using Jekyll and hosted by my email provider, Fastmail (for now).
That said, I haven't blogged since my teenage angst years of Xanga/Live Journal...so we'll see how this goes.
Anyways, here's a link to the first post:
I was thinking about making the most “come back” playlist for my return on aNONradio this Sunday.
I thought that 30+ days was enough time to create the best playlist anyone on this fediverse instance could come up with.
Despite all the beer in the tri-county area, those goals probably aren’t going to be met.
Judge for yourself this Sunday, November 22nd on aNONradio.net at 22:00 UTC
computer ownership discourse
We forced computers upon people who didn't actually want them, and then some people get upset when those people refuse to learn more than the bare minimum to do very specific things.
Self hosting away from the big web giants:
ranting and venting
- the truck that we were going to get at 1500 won’t be available until 1800, well after sundown
- we now have a truck available for us tomorrow at 0700
ranting and venting
Today is moving day! Let’s count the things that have made it more difficult:
- Uhaul rented my reserved truck to someone else
- The only other available truck in the area is available at 1500 in a town 30 minutes away, which will give us less than 3 hours of daylight
- There’s supposed to be some rain tonight
- I forgot some empty boxes at the new house and had to go get them (this one is totally on me)
Your average tech bro, who’s not that good at tech and not too much of a bro.
"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko