#Signal turning into a crypto-ponzi currency scheme?
- isn't really free/libre software (as Moxie denied freedom to redistribute modified version)
- would *never* federate (political choice of centralization)
- updated server software wasn't published
- invaded people's phonebooks
- runs on Amazon+NSA's infrastructure
- is virtually impossible to use out of Google's infrastructure -
...didn't seem to be enough to alarm Signal users.
AH also forgot what is probably the most important from a privacy/information-security perspective:
- impossible to use without a *phone-number*!
Now the true objective of all these political choices (strong identifier + centralization + control of the distribution, etc) becomes clear: there is a financial interest to keep the users captive, to get rich with ponzi-crypto....
... well done, Moxie, many of us didn't see it coming! :)
"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko