A new Xerox Star emulator is born #retro #computing #lisp https://engblg.livingcomputers.org/index.php/2019/01/19/introducing-darkstar-a-xerox-star-emulator/
blocking ads is evil grr
HTTP is a pull-based medium. it is within the original philosophy of HTTP to selectively pull the data, for example, a device that doesn't support images won't download them. by circumventing ad "blocking", you are spitting in the face of HTTP. a more accurate term would be ad rejection. ads are not "blocked", they are simply not asked for.
#earthquake in Bursa, Turkey
confused by 6502 assembly? here are some helpful tips for beginners
CPY: mails you a copy of the program
TAX: fills out your 1040EZ
CLD: decreases CPU temperature
ROR: makes a lion noise
BRK: makes a dog noise
ASL: initiates AOL chat protocol
LSR: activates laser
TXS: enter Texas
TSX: leave Texas
LDY: turns you into a lady
LDA: turns you into a lad (misspelled for historical reasons)
BVS: pronounced "Beavis"
happy programming! 😋
Apparently my C style is called "Allman-8". Never knew it had its own name besides just "Allman".
Although I can't find any references to it anywhere else.
Is Your Cat 6 Cable a Dog?
(submitted by handedness)
notable recent @SDF occurrences:
- acted as primary test pubnix for #NetBSD 8 kernel development
- added #dialup numbers & improved service
- commissioned dedicated server for #aNoNradio freeing the meta-array & improving connectivity for local public radio disc jockeys and listeners alike
- expanded system resources including massive storage space increase
- stabilized #VoIP sip/telephony services to professional level
- failed to ask me for money even once!
Unix and Lisp enthusiast, Emacs user
Powered entirely by coffee and beer
"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko