My Mastodon Posts June 2020
- Graphics Tools Poll https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104322353322133383
- List of Distros Officials https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104309257301275277
- Graphics Tools List https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104341045707458765
- User Friendly Resources https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104303641285042714
- Awesome Free Software https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104352228377420642
- Peertube Guide for YouTubers https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104235340156599605
- Librehost Overview of Mine https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104034618932368527
- Libre Speed Test https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104019444489789834
- Alternative World vs Gafam https://floss.social/@ademalsasa/104001452551058243
Self-Hosting Resources Made Simple
Sharing is very appreciated.
📩 Mail In A Box, email selfhosting
Yunohost, all-in-one selfhosting package
👍 Awesome List
💚 Awesome Directory
@ademalsasa @email@example.com @dibi58 @firstname.lastname@example.org @strypey @lightweight @email@example.com I'm self-hosting (or have self-hosted) various things: xmpp (prosody), mail (notqmail + uw-imapd), bittorrent (transmission), ftp (netbsd's ftpd), web (netbsd's httpd), vnc (tigervnc), DLNA (minidlnad), mpd + icecast , games such as openarena, unreal-tournament. Also firewall (npf), dns (unbound).
@ademalsasa no it's not , but the unreal engine source code was made historically available for non commercial use, so that, following the GOTY edition, the game saw one of the earliest native Linux ports (maintained by Loki Software) ever made, which also included a game editor. I've used that version extensively (owning a GOTY edition disk, one of my favorite childhood games) on *BSD via the Linux ABI.
@ademalsasa: you're welcome, glad to spread my passion for such a classic. By the way, you really came up with a nice idea by starting this thread
@encelado ahaha, greetings to you my new friend! Glad to find one more SDF person here at Mastodon.Thanks in advance.
"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko