When I examine my research ideas list, it's all over the place. Apparently...
- I like (socio)phonology more than I consciously know
- I imagine a lot of things about construction grammar even tho I didn't really do my reading yet
- I love meta stuff like citation styles, research methods, open/reproducible rsc, terminology
- My older ideas are social justice related (ethnic minorities in Turkey, esp.)
- I feel a need to attack some fundamentals of linguistics
- I like my my quantitative
Then I look at people's CVs and they've pretty consistently studied wh constructions in some language for half a bloody century.
What kind of ungodly focus is this and where do I buy an infinite supply of it?
"I appreciate SDF but it's a general-purpose server and the name doesn't make it obvious that it's about art." - Eugen Rochko